Tuesday 29 October 2013

Snack time:)

Old habits die hard but when the do they need to stay dead!  I have always been a snacker.  I grew up in a home where we had good meals and lots of snacks.  Now as an adult I find myself every evening looking for that "bedtime snack" like I had as a kid.  This is my undoing.  I can eat fantastic all day but as soon as the kids are in bed the rails fall off and the eating starts.  

For some reason this last few days something has clicked though.  I still grab the snack but it has been healthy. I have been working out more again and finding that I want nutrient dense good for my body foods.  Stuff like homemade granola and yogurt or apples and natural peanut butter.  The peanut butter itself is a huge thing!  I love it but have always bought the sugar and junk filled kind.  In the summer I discovered a natural one that had honey in it that I love.  Then I ran out and bought just regular natural peanut butter.  It is so much better!!  I love it!  

The more healthy food I eat the better I feel and the better I feel the more I want to do what is right.  I need to bottle this new inspiration and keep it going!  Unhealthy snacking needs to stay dead!

1 comment:

  1. Can I second this entry? The weeks that I don't snack at night, I lose weight. UGH! I find I snack more on the weekends and during the week, if I am yearning for a snack, I grab a cup of tea, or a decaf coffee. Hits just the right spot!

    ReplyDelete