Monday 7 October 2013

New Shoes!!

There is nothing better than a run in brand new shoes.  That has been my running for the past couple of weeks.  I love the first runs after getting a new pair.  It's like running on a cloud:)  I got my new shoes on a Friday and while the next day wasn't a planned run I had to get out and test them anyway.  I joked after that they had rocket boosters in them.  My old shoes were past their prime and I was going slower because of it so when I got my new shoes they were so comfy that I was running faster than ever.  I have settled that down thankfully.  That first run with the new shoes had me going so fast that I was out of breath too soon and couldn't go as far!

I posted I posted about my new shoes on Facebook after I got them and got some interesting comments.  Seems some of my running friends aren't sharing that love.  A few have been forced to change brands or styles of shoes for various reasons and are having a rough time adjusting to their new ones.  I felt sad for them.  This sparked some thoughts for me, as well as some others, about how funny runners (or athletes in general) are about their gear. This week I have even come to realize that I am even funny about weather.  Fall is my favorite.  I can get away with capri's and tshirts for most runs and if I need to add a bit of warmth I can throw a long sleeve on. I hate it when it gets so cold that I have to add layers and can't move as freely just as much as I hate when it gets so hot you sweat standing still.   Right now the temperature is perfect for running.  I'm going to take full advantage of this and get as many runs in as I can before it gets ugly out!

Do you have a favorite piece of gear or time of year??


1 comment:

  1. Hi Selena! I am WAY behind on my blog reading and have posted nothing on my blog since summer. My shoes are well past their prime and I will be looking at a different kind. I haven't been really happy with the current ones. I should go get them while the 26.2% sale is still on, I started back with the Learn to Run group. We are up to 22 mins. Last night was the first time I intentionally went running in the rain and it was FUN! I got wet but not drowned and the temp was not too bad. It was a little chilly, but warm enough for capris and short sleeves. What races are you signed up for? What half are you thinking of? I kind of have a half in the back of my mind, but not sure when/which one.

    ReplyDelete