Monday 21 October 2013

Constant Changes!!

It's been a busy week around here!!  My brother and his family came from Florida for the week and we did a lot!!  Well they did a lot, I did some and worked a little.  We took the kids to the Hockey Hall of Fame and Legoland in Toronto one day for our big outing.  They had a blast!!  We did lots of visiting and eating too.  I'm happy to report that I did not miss one run during their visit which is a huge thug for me.  Usually as soon as there is a change running is the first thing to suffer.  Not this time though!  I ran three times and even got up at 5:30am twice to do it.  

Yesterday Drew came to live with us.  He needed a change and some new people around.  He was having a rough go of things and we hope that this will be the place to get the support he needs to succeed.  

Today is Anna's birthday so we spent part of the weekend celebrating that.  She was sick on Friday when we were supposed to have her party but luck was with us and all of her friends were able to come on Saturday.  My favorite gift that she got was a giant moose.  She loves stuffed animals and this one is awesome!



Her sickness on Friday is a little concerning.  It is the second time since her surgery that she has woken up feeling badly, gotten sick and then been fine by noon.  She has complained about headaches a lot lately too.  We have another follow up appointment in December and had mentioned the headaches at her last appointment but they suspected dehydration to be the issue.  I think if they don't stop they will have to be investigated more.  

Things are forever changing in our lives but I wouldn't give it up for anything.  I'm finally in a place where I can cope with them and still keep my exercise routine somewhat intact, I'm eating reasonably well and everyone is happy.  Winter is coming and that is going to be the true test of my new found dedication!!  I hate to be cold!! I can do this though, I have too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment