Sunday 5 May 2013

Wonderful Weekends

The weather in Canada is nothing if not crazy.  It went from snowing a couple of weekends ago to summer like this weekend.  I much prefer warmer weather because we can be outside more.  This weekend I ran early Saturday morning and spent most of the afternoon at the park with the girls.  Today we went to the Y  for a workout and swimming lessons then spent the afternoon in the yard.  The girls played and put on circus shows while I weeded the gardens getting ready for our dirt delivery on Friday and planting next weekend.  Both nights after supper we have pulled the girls bikes out of the shed and worked on riding them.  Christina is still using training wheels so she's flying up and down the road.  Anna is learning to ride without training wheels and is very nervous so her riding consists of many, many trips up and down the driveway.  She gets better with every trip and will be zooming up the street soon too.  I have a feeling I might need to invest in bike soon.  Then we will be able to ride to the canal together and watch the boats.  For now we will walk down a couple of times a week.  

Still doing well meeting my goals too.  I caved and had a small amount of pop yesterday but felt guilty immediately and didn't finish it.  That is a win as far as I'm concerned because I used to be able to drink an entire can and not even realize it was gone.  I have exercised 6 times this week and a couple of days ran in the morning and walked the dog at night.  I got up at  6am every weekday except Friday and was out the door by 6:05am.  It's easier to get up and out the door when the sun is up.

This weeks recipe went over fairly well but wasn't a favourite.  I quite enjoyed it though which is a very good thing since there is lots left over.  It was Curried Red Lentil Dhal that I found online.  I bought a bag of red lentils and searched for a recipe.  This one sounded like it would taste like butter chicken which is one of Anna's most loved foods.  It was close but not quite the same and she had a hard time with the texture.  I also made chicken fajita's today using a new spice blend that we got at the grocery store.  It was Garlic Lime  Fajita's.   Quite tasty and one I will definitely pick up again.

This weeks goal is to increase my distance a little bit.  I would like to get back to consistently running 10k but have a bit of a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment