Monday 20 May 2013

A Great Month

I just realized that it's been a couple of weeks since I wrote last!  Things are going along quite well.  I am running a little bit longer each time, not much but a couple minutes here and there.  I didn't do a lot of running this past week because I have been fighting a cold or allergies that have left me pretty exhausted.  I still made it out a couple of days though and felt great.  I am looking forward to this week.  The weather is going to be perfect in the morning for running.

As for new recipes I missed making one last week because I didn't make dinner on Sunday.  This week I made something new but it wasn't really a recipe.  My youngest stepdaughter, Ashlee, is a vegetarian and we were having burgers yesterday.  She said a while ago that she had used a portabello mushroom to replace a burger so that was this weeks new thing.  I made her one on Saturday when the rest of us had sausage and yesterday Adrian made her one to replace the burger.  Adrian's turned out better because he marinated it longer.  I had a taste of it and it was delicious.  I can see me using them in the future for myself!

Overall it's been a good month.  I am back to a routine of exercising and now that the weather is good it's a lot easier to eat well too.  The market is starting to get more fresh, local fruits and veggies too.  There is nothing better than good local food.

It was a long weekend here in Canada and the weather was perfect.  We got the garden all planted and the pool is almost full.  Summer is right around the corner (although it feels like it's already here) and it's going to be  a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment