Thursday 14 August 2014

Sometimes

Sometimes you have to step back and see the little things

Sometimes you have to remember that this whole thing is a journey and not a sprint.  

Sometimes I am amazed at what my body can do now that it couldn't do a few years ago.

I am coming up on my 4 year runiversary.  Looking back I can't even remember what it was like when I couldn't run.  This morning I started the day with a 5k run.  I didn't want to get up but I knew that Saturday would be terrible trying to run 12k if I didn't get up today.  I did it despite the cold that knocked me out for the last few days.  I had to walk a bit because my sinuses filled and I needed to clear them:). Don't worry I had tissues!

Tonight was the last Thursday soccer night of the season.  It was cold and damp.  Not what you expect in August.  I was freezing so I decided to stand for a bit.  Four years ago that wouldn't have happened.  

During Adryanna's game she had to use the washroom.  Her team was very short handed so she needed to be quick.  The washroom isn't far but by the time you walk over, go and walk back it takes a few minutes.  So we ran!  A few years ago I would not have kept up and tonight I felt like I was flying.  It felt great to run the 200m or so each way and not be totally out of breath.  We raced back and I even beat Christina back to the chairs.  She wasn't happy but I was:)

Saturday we have to be on the soccer fields all day.  Two games each for the girls.  I need to run 12k before 9am.  I have no concerns with this.  I will get it done.

Sometimes I look back and think the old Selena would be pretty proud of the new one.

1 comment:

  1. I needed this today, Selena. Appreciate you sharing this and so happy to see an update! :)

    ReplyDelete