Friday 8 August 2014

July Update

Well July wasn't my best month for running this year but I am okay with it.  No point in beating myself up over slacking.  I'll pick myself up and get back at it.  I have to if I want to run another half this year.  July's run total is 20k.  Yep that's it!  That doesn't mean I didn't move though.  I was in vacation the first week and everyday had over 10 000 steps.  I went camping twice and walked a lot both of those trips.  Overall I am happy with how the last month has gone.  The last run of July was even in the nasty heat and humidity of Florida!  

August is well underway and training must start for an October race.  My plan has me running 10k tomorrow, I feel a cold starting but hopefully it will be mild enough in the morning that a good run will help it.  From here the mileage just gets longer!

I mentioned Florida and you may be wondering what would possess me to go there at this time of year.  Here is why:

Meet Thomas!!! He is the newest member of my family and he is my nephew:). My brother and his wife live in Florida and he was being born August 1st so my mom and I headed down for a short visit:)

I have even more reason to get and stay in shape now!

No comments:

Post a Comment