Friday 19 April 2013

Here We Go Again:(

I'm so frustrated with myself yet again.  I have got to get my shit together and get this journey headed back in the right direction.  I have no more excuses!  I'm loading up on new recipes, cleaning out the fridge and cupboards and going grocery shopping.  I will get things under control.

On the good side of things I may have fallen off the wagon a little but the positive is that it's not so far off that I have gained a bunch of weight and feel totally horrible.  March was a terrible month full of stress and way to much happening.  As a result my recurrent stomach trouble flared up, and I mean bad!  The plus side of that was that when I went to the doctor he didn't just fluff it off like my old one would have.  He adjusted my medication to help calm the problem and ordered some tests to see what else might need to be done.  The stress ended and with the medication change this week things have felt pretty good.  Tomorrow I will test it all out with a run or early morning trip to the gym.  It's supposed to be cold and I'm feeling like a wimp so the gym is looking probable.  I have also decided that I am going to work with some personal goals and see how that works out for me.  Of course I'll share them here since it has always kept me accountable in the past.

1.  Try at least one new recipe a week.  If anyone has a good one they want to share or knows good blogs to check for recipes please pass them along!

2.  Stop drinking pop!!  I've always been a big pop drinker and I know it is terrible for me.  In the past I have tried cutting down or only having it on special occasions.  This time it just needs to go!

3.  Exercise no less than 4 days a week.  I would like to make it daily but with kids and other obligations I know that won't always be possible.

4.  Be happier just being me!  I have spent many years hiding the real me in certain situations and I think that is detrimental.  I have a totally different side that people who aren't close to me just don't get to see often.  I will let that side out because it's a fun and often hyper side!

5.  Lose 1lb per week.  It has taken me 35 years to reach the weight I am now and I have no disillusions that I will be able to lose it all in a couple of months.  It's just not possible.

So there we go.  Hopefully I can get back on the blogging wagon a bit too and keep things up to date.  I stopped posting because I started to feel like I was always posting the same story about how pathetic I was being.  No longer!!  It's all up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment