Friday 30 December 2016

Just Keep Swimming!!

Tuesday morning was my first official swim in preparation for my triathlon in August.  I met the other ladies from work at the pool where we had rented a lane.  It was a great hour of water fun!!  I learned that my arm form isn't as terrible as I thought but that my legs don't propel me as well as I expected.

We started off with some instruction from our friend who has done a few triathlons and swims several mornings a week.  She gave us some pointers and made suggestions on where to start.  The biggest thing I knew I needed to work on would be getting my face in the water.  She suggested we start with a flutter board and some kicking to see where we were.  I learned very quickly that I am not an efficient kicker.  To the point that despite some mad kicking I was hardly moving at one point.  I am hoping it was in part my legs refusing to work after Monday's run. 

The next thing she suggested was putting a pull bouy between our legs and using just our arms.  Turns out this is something I am much better at.  Not necessarily good at, but better.  I was able to make it back and forth a few times without incident.  I even managed to get my face in the water quite a bit.  I panicked a couple times and got water up my nose but made it at least half way up the pool with my face in the water more than once.  That is a huge accomplishment.

Finally we practiced side swimming(probably not the right term) this I felt pretty good doing.  I ran into the rope and the wall a little bit but nothing terrible.

The thing I learned most that day was timing of breakfast is super important.  I ate too close to the start and spent a large amount of time with terrible heartburn.  I pushed through but there were definitely moments I wanted to quit and cry because it was so uncomfortable.  The heartburn started the night before a little and continued for the next day or so.  It's all better now though and I am ready to get back in the pool again!!  Lots of lane swimming is available at the Y tomorrow so perhaps I will take a trip over in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete