Tuesday 22 November 2016

100 Days!

I've been pretty slack about posting lately.  Not because I don't want to or don't have anything to say but more because I have been busy living life. 

Today marks 100 days free from refined sugars.  In August when I made the declaration to stop eating it I had no clue what I was getting into.  I had no idea all the places sugar was hiding.  I am still amazed to this day when I pick up an item and it has some form of sugar in the ingredients.  As a result I rarely eat any packaged foods.  The only thing I can think of of the top of my head is plain or tortilla chips and cheese.  Everything else is generally whole, natural foods.

What have the benefits been so far?  I am certainly feeling better.  Much less heartburn, much more energy.  My running has improved drastically over the last few weeks too.  Each run my pace gets a little faster and the running gets a little easier.  That isn't from the lack of sugar though, that is from the overall better nutrition.  Trips to the gym are easier and feel better too.

Weight loss has come along with all these improvements too.  Of course in the beginning i shocked my system a little.  Went from eating okay but not great to eating mostly whole natural foods so of course there will be some loss.  Now the loss happens slower but it is happening. I am at the lowest weight in many years and feel better than I have in years.  Things are exactly where I want them to be at this point and I am content.  I will continue on this path for as long as I can see.  I have no intention of going backwards.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!I have been trying for years to go sugar free. Every time I try to stop my body craves it more and more. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It wasn't easy at first but got better. I think the key has been cutting most processed foods out and allowing the natural sugars. You really have to be a detective to ensure that you aren't getting the hidden sugars therefore not fully detoxing from them. If you google "alternative names for sugar" you should be able to find a pretty extensive list of items.

      Delete