Friday 6 February 2015

So Awesome!

Every year at work at this time we have our annual Training Weeks.  It's a chance for everyone to get some mandatory training as well as some time spent together away from the daily workload.  It's always fun and I always come away energized. 

The problem is there is always candy, cookies and junk.  As mentioned I am doing a No Junk Food challenge.  I went into this week knowing there would be daily, even hourly temptations.  I knew I could either give in or be strong.

This year we got "points" in the form of lifesavers!  As soon as the first one was handed out I thought "oh shit!" I really wanted to participate and get my team some points AND I really like lifesavers.  Then came the gummies that the person sitting beside me brought, then cookies and more candy that was in the kept in the kitchen.  

I went into the week with a plan though and was determined not to touch any of it!  And I didn't:). 

Each day I loaded up my lunch bag with good healthy foods and stuff that would satisfy that want for the candy.  It took some willpower and a lot of internal dialogue but I did it.  I also knew that I would be very disappointed in myself if I caved.  

Next week is back to my regular schedule.  I'll be back to my crazy days with meetings and paperwork.  I'll continue to bring my food and not have crap.  I have 5 more days of the challenge but I have learned so much.  

Oh and guess what else happened this week??  I got up at 5:30am and ran twice!!  I have always preferred morning runs but the winter cold makes me not want to get up.  I'm back at the mornings though and loving it!  Maybe the healthier eating really does make a difference ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment