Sunday 1 February 2015

January Round Up!

Wow!!  It's already one month into 2015! My goal for January was to move everyday. I kept track of my movement in a note on my phone so that it would be quick and easy to enter things.  I also started wearing my Fitbit Zip again.  For the month of January I had purposeful exercise (running, walking or the gym) 24 days and the other 7 involved long shopping trips, trips to the library and market and tourist stuff in Florida.  Some days I had purposeful exercise and leisurely movement.  I'm very happy with how January went. 

Near the end of the month I decided to join a challenge in a facebook group.  It's called a no junk food challenge and there is a list of things we aren't allowed to have.  
It's a 21 day challenge and I am currently on day 11(12?).  I'm very proud of how I have done.  The first couple of days I was dying.  I joined the challenge becaus I wanted to try to train myself to choose healthier things for snacks.  I also wanted to cut out pop and decided what better time to try.  I have had nothing on this list.

Since the beginning of January I have lost 7.2lbs and am back to where I was a couple months ago before the wheels fell off.  I feel great.

February's goals will be to keep up the daily movement and bring my lunch everyday for the month.  I know, I know!  I've said that before but this time I'm much more serious.  I spent today making soup, chopping veggies, making hummus and Glo Bars.  I'm going to make a big salad tonight that should last a few days too.  This week is the perfect week to start this one too, it's my annual week of training and there is not enough time to go out and buy something.  

Don't forget!  February is "Heart Month" and not in the valentine sense.  It is a month to raise awareness for heart health and heart defects!!  More on that as the month goes on though;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment