Sunday 16 March 2014

During

Sometimes on a long journey we lose track of where we were and where we are going.  Sometimes we need to look back to see what we can do.  We are two and a half months into 2014 and I have not lost my drive and determination.  The last few weeks have been tough though.  It started when I got a terrible stomach bug.  I didn't run that week and then the next week things at home were nuts with my stepson being quite ill.  This week was March Break and a snowstorm.  I have run twice in the last two weeks so I'm not totally off the wagon but it's teetering.  This weekend however has been much more the way I like things.  It was relaxing, fun and full of all the things I love.  We spent last night together as a family.  We went bowling and played games on the Wii at home.  I really enjoy days like that.

I also spent this weekend trying out new recipes from my new cookbook.  It's called "The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon".  It is full of healthy, vegan recipes that are full of flavour and good for you stuff.  I am not vegan by any means.  I am not even vegetarian but I have yet to try a recipe of hers that I don't like.  I made four out of the book this weekend and loved each one.

It was also a time to look back at where I have come from.  A few years ago this cookbook would have put me over the edge.  I would not have even looked at many of the things in it.  Now I am excited to make all of the things in it.

While looking back I thought of the pictures that we had done at Christmas.  We have had them done two years in a row and it's fun to see how the kids grow and change.  What was pointed out to me this year though was that I had also changed.  I have never taken an official before picture but do have a couple from right around the time I started running which I also see as the beginning of my new, healthier life.  While my weight has come off slowly and still has a long way to go I can see some definite changes.  It's the little things that remind me to keep on going.


Here is December 2012


And here is December 2013

And just for fun here is the whole beautiful family:) 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful family!!!

    You are right, sometimes on a long journey we do forget where we're going. I needed that today, thank-you! :)

    ReplyDelete