Saturday 9 February 2013

Yay for Snow Day!

Yesterday Ontario (among other places) was hit with a wonderful snow storm.  The local news said the last time we had this much snow fall in one day was 1984!!  I was 6 and vaguely remember that snow fall.  I remember banks being taller than me.  This time around the news is telling me that we had the most snowfall in Ontario, with the highest amount at 44cm in the south end of our city.  I live in the north end and we got around 30 cm.  That's a lot of snow!!!

I have a love hate relationship with snow.  It's so pretty and I actually enjoy running after a nice snowfall (once the roads are clear).  I hate driving in the snow!  This time around I am fighting some ugly virus that has left my head feeling twice it's normal size, my voice has decided to go into hiding and my chest is full of cotton balls.  No snowy run for me:(  I will however try to have a nap this morning so I can play outside with the kids this afternoon.

I took lots of pictures of the snow and thought I would share some with you!


This was mid-afternoon looking from the front door




This was evening looking from the same spot


The snow was almost as high as our dog!
She had to run to get through it:)

The girls beside the snow pile in our driveway!  Almost 3 feet tall!




No comments:

Post a Comment