Monday 30 June 2014

June Update (or maybe confession?)

Let's start with the confession part shall we?   I have only run 40k in the month of June.  Yep that's less than half of what I ran last month.  I started off strong (remember that half marathon?).  Sadly the wheels fell of a bit after that.  I'm not sure exactly why and maybe it has something to do with my body rebelling from all the training but I was just plain tired.  The last thing I wanted to do was get up at 5am to run.  I managed to get up once or twice a week though.  The fun part is those runs that I had to drag myself out of bed for were actually really good ones.  Well except for the last one, it was terrible but I'm not thinking about that.  The rest were fabulous.  I was able to run my fastest ever 5k a couple of weeks ago and I managed to run a most perfect run another day where all of my splits got faster.  So moving forward I will use those runs as my motivation to keep going.

My goal for the next few weeks before Fall Half training starts?  I am going to get fast!!! Okay maybe not lightening fast but fast for me.  I know I have it in me to get faster so I am going to focus on that.  I will do some speed training once a week and maybe throw in a trip to the hill down the street.  It is nothing like the hill that we used when I trained with Runners' Edge but it's nice little hill.

August will be the start of training for the Niagara Falls International Half which is the last weekend of October.  I know now that I need to have a goal race to keep me going so that's what I'll do.  After the fall Half I will have to figure out a winter plan.  If this winter is anything like last I will definitely need something to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment